Sunday, May 7, 2017

Why did I Leave Facebook?

Why did I Leave Facebook?
Why am I Starting Another Blogger?

I feel like I should save a lot of the things I say on Facebook for a diary. Especially with some of the reactions I receive there. But the problem with this is that... My thoughts cannot reach anyone if it is simply written down on paper, then tucked away where no one can find them.

For some issues, this is great. No one sees my personal thoughts, no one sees my personal life. But when I have thoughts that I want to share with others, what do I do? I go on Facebook, and post something nervously, as it isn't appropriate to write diary entries on a social media site. But when I check my notifications for my posts, I find either little to no engagement, or aggressive and overly opinionated engagement. It's as if no one is going to give feedback unless they strongly disagree with you, and I find that unsettling. 


It is good to have someone give you feedback on your thoughts, but no one needs an aggressive attack. Not only does it make the person upset, but leaves them feeling confused in the end. Convincing someone to believe differently can be almost impossible at best, but at worst, it can lead to a lot of hurt feelings and misunderstanding. 


~


Facebook isn't a commonplace to talk about the things I talk about, and I think that's also part of why I don't want to be on it anymore. It's almost like I've been using Facebook to fill a need that shouldn't be filled on Facebook, and I know, it's totally uncool, but I love writing, I'd much rather write a long post about something I care about than share videos of food being made or even inspirational quotes. 


It's almost like Facebook has become this place everyone thinks is for everyone to share thoughts. Yet, more often, I share pictures and quotes, because no one likes my long posts fit for my diary. It feels so wrong to post writing on Facebook! I think part of it is that we think it takes time to write, so we don't, when really, Facebook is eating away much more time than a diary or a blog ever would.


~


If you find that you want to listen in on my thoughts about writing, multilingualism, and intuitive practices/results, please take a moment and follow my blog here, and feel free to leave comments. Hopefully there will be material that is more engaging on here soon. 


Blogs are very difficult to gain engagement on, I would know from my first blogger (located here: Some Thoughts
). But I am willing to try again with a different attitude. This blog should be what I am just dying to post on Facebook, because I just want everyone to know and hear me out, but feel is inappropriate to post. 

This blogger will be similar to my other blogger, yet different in the way that it will probably be less challenging to decode, and less like poetry (though maybe I will post things like that as well). But I hope that here, there is less room for interpretation, but still room works of art. Along with that, posts will be more frequent, that's what I am going for here.

Thank you for reading. 

Other versions of this text: svenska 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Before You Decide to Live in Seattle...

For those of you who would like to live in Seattle or are planning to move to Seattle soon... I'm from New Mexico, and coming to Seat...